The weather’s warming up. Vacation spots are starting to reopen. It seems like summer is finally here, and with it, the normalcy we’ve all been missing.
The coronavirus has changed a lot about our daily lives, but there’s one other thing it has changed for many men and women stuck at home: their weight. With gyms shutting their doors and 24/7 access to not-so-healthy treats in the kitchen, the pandemic has made keeping your weight down a seemingly impossible task.
Although it might be a few months before tourist locations open up again, one thing is for certain: when you reemerge into the world, you want to look just as good (or better) than you did before shelter-in-place became the new norm. So you’ll need a new strategy to shed the extra pounds you may have picked up staying safely at home.
Below, we share 3 simple ways you can lose weight quickly, safely, and painlessly. These tried-and-tested methods work whether you’re able to work from the office or you’re still stuck at home.
1. Exercise When You Can
Low-Impact Cardio Starter: Perfect For Beginners
One of the biggest reasons people give up on their workout routine is difficulty. If a workout is too challenging, it can make you feel frustrated and out of shape. Worse, it can be dangerous, potentially causing damage to your muscles and ligaments.
Low-impact workouts are an easy solution. They require you to have at least one foot on the ground while working out, which is easier on the joints and muscles.
It may take longer for you to lose weight, but the exercises are gentler on the body, so you won’t have a hard time moving the next morning. For those with exercise-induced asthma or arthritis, low-impact workouts can help you lose weight without making you feel worse.
30-Minute All Levels Dance Cardio Workout: Perfect For Spicing Up Your Workouts
Workouts get boring, even the ones that aren’t challenging. One way to keep it fun is by dancing. Dancing is an all-body cardio workout, toning everything from your abs and belly to sides and thighs. While we’re not all gifted with coordination and grace, dancing from the comfort of home allows you to lose weight and have fun without fear of judgment.
This dance workout is ideal for those who might not have experience with dance. It ties elements of hip hop, jazz, and traditional cardio exercises to create an engaging but fat-burning half-hour workout.
If you get too tired, take a 10 minute break halfway through. Then, warm back up and finish the workout.
Yoga For Complete Beginners: Perfect For Early Morning Stretching
When you exercise, you need to alternate between aerobic an anaerobic workouts. Anaerobic exercises, like sprinting and cardio workouts, cause your body to produce more oxygen while you sweat. They build muscle and shed weight fast. Anaerobic exercises, like walking and yoga, help you recover from more strenuous workouts while retaining your progress.
In between your cardio workouts, try a 20-30 minute yoga session. This will prevent you from developing lactic acidosis, which can occur if you exercise too frequently without giving your body time to rest. It also improves your flexibility, mobility, and endurance.
Yoga can be daunting to those who aren’t flexible. This routine allows you to stretch and build flexibility from the bottom up. If you stick with it, you’ll find the exercises become easier. Eventually, you can switch to an intermediate yoga routine to stretch your body even more.
2. Make Smart Diet Choices
At the start of the pandemic, the selection at grocery stores was dismal at best. Canned goods, meats, and milk were hard to come by. Now, hoarding has slowed down, and you have a bigger variety to choose from. It’s the perfect time to swap out your heavily processed snack and meals for something healthy (but just as delicious).
- Use mustard instead of mayo and ketchup. Mustard is low on calories, sugar, and preservatives but high on flavor. There are dozens of flavor profiles to choose from, including honey, spicy, dijon, and traditional. When choosing mustard, be sure to avoid any that include high fructose corn syrup, corn syrup, or inverted cane syrup, and try to limit the sugar per tablespoon to 10 grams or less.
- Swap sodas with homemade versions. Making your own version of your favorite drink is easier than you think. Create a simple syrup with equal parts water and a healthy sugar (stevia, xylitol, and monk fruit are ranked the highest). Then, add 1 tbsp to a glass of seltzer water. From there, you can add juice from half of a lemon or lime and a few of your favorite frozen fruits. For a classic cream soda, add a splash of vanilla to your simple syrup and a little bit of cream to the glass. (Coconut cream is a great option).
- Make your own chips. Thinly slice potatoes (purple has the lowest amount of sugar per serving) and bake in the oven at 400°. For an easier and healthier snack, try kale chips or season and bake chickpeas for a crunchy snack.
- Swap dessert with fruit. For most of us, dessert is the culprit of our bulging waistline. It’s too easy to enjoy a piece of cake or big bowl of ice cream after dinner to cleanse our pallet and fill us up the rest of the way. Instead of consuming empty carbs, try fruit instead. Berries are low in sugar but full of immunity-boosting antioxidants. And if you’re not a fruit fan, a single piece of dark chocolate is a good alternative.
- Eat at home most days. Drive-thrus are convenient, but they aren’t doing your weight or your health any favors. Make most of your meals from home instead, including lunch and dinner, and only eat out once or twice each week. Check allrecipes.com and foodnetwork.com for a wide variety of yummy recipes, and if you’re worried about the cost, Tastemade’s show Struggle Meals teaches you how to cook at home while staying in your budget.
3. Try CJC1295 + Ipamorelin
When it comes to dieting, peptides are likely the last thing to come to your mind. This is because, until recently, the effects of peptides on weight and muscle mass have been largely ignored. But just because they aren’t as well-known doesn’t mean they aren’t affective.
The peptides CJC1295 + ipamorelin have been shown to be effective in raising growth hormone/insulin growth factor-1 levels. In other words, they cause your body to produce more Growth Hormone.
Growth Hormone, a naturally produced substance in your body, helps you develop muscle mass and decreases body fat. It also is directly linked to your body’s metabolism and healing process. By boosting your body’s Growth Hormone, these two powerhouse peptides can help:
- Increase bone density
- Strengthen the cardiovascular system
- Increase muscle mass
- Improve your ability to burn fat
- Improve recovery and repair from injuries
- Regenerate nerve tissues
- Improve cognition and memory
Send The Pandemic 15 Packing
The pandemic is stressful enough without having to worry about your weight. At The Resurge Clinic, we have a team of physical trainers who specialize in helping you lose weight and keep it off.
And if you’re at your ideal weight but still find yourself struggling with stubborn fat, Warmsculpting with SculpSure can help you get rid of fat for good. With gentle radiofrequency waves, each treatment permanently melts away as much as 24% of fat cells.