Summer is coming.
It seems much less ominous than the phrase “winter is coming” because summer is filled with warmer weather, outdoor activities that don’t make us freeze to death, and sunshine, which can lighten our moods and improve focus.
However, summer means we’re exposing our bodies in a way we don’t do while wrapped up in a winter coat with 12 other layers underneath. Summer means potentially going to the beach, slathering on sunscreen, and showing off a little skin.
Considering the insecurity that often accompanies wearing a swimsuit after months of indulgence, summer can be just as scary as winter.
Still, there are plenty of habits you can start incorporating now that will help you feel more confident and excited about the upcoming sunshine and warmer weather. These tips and tricks are sure to have you shedding your layers with confidence.
Clarify Your Goals
Knowing what you’re working towards, getting a realistic picture of how long it will take, and understanding you need to do to get there is the first step you should take when preparing for summer.
When you’re clear on the daily activities you should be doing — or avoiding — and make a plan to stay on track, you’re more likely to succeed at losing weight or sculpting your body.
These tips will help you overcome challenges so you can work toward achieving your ideal summer body:
- Limit your goals. Trying to focus on too much will leave you distracted. Clarity and focus on a few goals at a time will put you on track to actually complete them.
- Plan ahead. If you’re trying to lose weight, you might need to follow a strict diet or exercise regime. If you do, you need to ahead for the times when you’ll be challenged to break your diet or skip a workout — which will come up — so that you don’t break your good habits by mistake.
- Track your progress. Getting in better shape takes time and it’s different for everyone. If you keep track of the ways in which you start feeling better or looking thinner, you’ll keep your motivation high and stay the course.
Change Your Diet
Besides helping you lose weight, changing what you eat can help you look and feel better. Paying attention to what you put in your body is just as important as the exercise habits you build.
Here are some quick changes you can make to your diet:
- Exchange soda and other sugary drinks for water. Check the sneaky places sugar hides, like juice, which is better than soda but still contains just as much sugar.
- Limit the number of alcoholic drinks you consume.
- Eat mostly proteins and vegetables.
- Avoid processed and fried foods.
Get Enough Sleep
Surprisingly, getting enough sleep is just as important to losing weight as diet and exercise. Sleep helps your body recover after a long workout. Getting less sleep than you need can increase your appetite and calorie intake and decrease your resting metabolism.
Adults on average should get 7-9 hours of quality sleep a night. Making sleep a priority and habit can help you shape up for summer. If falling asleep is a challenge, avoid drinking caffeine or using an electronic device a couple of hours before you go to bed.
Make Exercise A Habit
Obviously, exercise can help you sculpt and tone your body. It’s great in combination with diet to have you looking and feeling more fit and healthy. Remember, exercise takes time and effort. You shouldn’t over-work yourself or get down on yourself if no one notices right away.
To keep you in the habit of working out, you can try:
- Working with a personal trainer or take classes. If you do it on your own, you’re more to go easier on yourself than you need to or to make dangerous mistakes.
- Scheduling your workouts. If it’s not on your calendar it won’t happen.
- Challenging yourself when things get too easy. You’ll have to keep pushing yourself if you want to continually see results.
- Get a workout buddy. You’re more likely to go if someone else is expecting you to be there.
When In Doubt, Try WarmSculpting™ Body Contouring Treatments
Getting bikini-ready is more than just intense workouts and fad diets. In fact, the time it takes to get in shape using traditional exercise is longer than you think and depends entirely on your personal goals and starting point. If you don’t have a long-term exercise plan or tons of time and patience to devote to getting in shape, our FDA-approved, cost-effective treatments can help.
SculpSure takes care of the stubborn fat that doesn’t go away with regular exercise and balanced diet. It’s an FDA-approved, fat removal treatment that will leave you feeling more confident in your body and ready for summer.
Take On The Summer With Confidence
When you’re not confident about how you look, it’s harder to reach your full potential. At The Resurge Clinic, we believe you should look and feel your best—no matter how old you are, what you’re going through in life, or how much you’ve hibernated during winter.
Schedule a free consultation with us today to find out how we can help you reach your summer body goals.