Summer is coming to a close. While you might not be thinking about Christmas just yet, it’s the perfect time to start planning for the holidays. The earlier you improve your skincare routine and lifestyle habits, the better you’ll look by the time Thanksgiving comes around.
This year, give a little back to yourself! You can enhance your natural beauty and feel better than ever in just 2 months with these simple beauty hacks.
1. Jog A Little Everyday
It’s finally cool enough to enjoy the outdoors, and you should take advantage of it! By going for a brief jog once a day, you’ll do so much more than just improve your energy levels. You’ll lose a little weight, improve your mobility, and even reduce your chance of death.
You don’t have to commit to an hour-a-day workout to enjoy optimal wellness. Jogs are a great way to achieve the health benefits of a high-intensity exercise without needing to re-arrange your schedule. If jogging is too hard on your joints or your breathing, try speed-walking instead.
2. Start A 2-Month Diet
Here’s the problem with holiday diets. When Thanksgiving rolls around, you don’t want to give up your favorite foods. You want to be able to enjoy pumpkin pie, pecan pie, stuffing, brown sugar sweet potatoes, and sweet rolls—all without the guilt. And after the holiday ends, you’ll have weeks worth of leftovers to enjoy.
The secret to a slim figure during the holidays isn’t depriving yourself of your go-to treats. It’s starting a diet plan months before the holidays arrive. If you can stick to a diet in the months leading up to Thanksgiving (think September through Halloween), you’ll enjoy incredible benefits such as:
- A smaller appetite. Your body gets used to the portions you feed it. Eating smaller portions on the months leading up to Thanksgiving will help prevent you from overeating as much at the big feast.
- A heightened metabolism. Let’s be honest: If it’s Thanksgiving, chances are you’re going to eat a bit too much. But if your metabolism is in overdrive from a month of dieting, it’s better prepared to burn away extra carbs. The result? Less weight gain!
Whole30, Paleo, HCG Diet, and Keto are all great diets to try out. If you struggle to stick to a diet plan, or you aren’t sure which would be the best choice for your health, schedule a consultation! We offer customized nutritional counseling to help you lose weight without losing muscle or sanity.
3. Try Out SculpSure
Sometimes, dieting just isn’t enough. Maybe you’ve reached your ideal weight and you feel better than ever, but you still have those embarrassing muffin tops or belly rolls. Don’t worry. You aren’t alone. Fat is incredibly difficult to tone. Even if you do everything right, it could take years to reduce those problem areas.
Instead of struggling through crunches, pull-ups, and twists, give SculpSure a try. This non-invasive treatment melts away up to 43% of fat cells in your problem areas. It’s FDA approved, safe, and perfect for anyone within 10-20 pounds of their ideal weight.
4. Get An Injectable Treatment
Holiday parties are just around the corner. Whether you’re headed to the office party, meeting up with your family, or hitting the town with friends, you want to look your absolute best. Unfortunately, wrinkles and signs of premature aging can make you feel insecure, and concealer can only do so much.
You might not be able to turn back time, but injectables can. Neuromodulators like BOTOX and XEOMIN can combat fine lines and wrinkles, smoothing away crow’s feet and frown lines. Certain treatments last as long as 6 months, so they’ll keep you looking young well into the new year.
5. Give ThermiSmooth A Try
Not a fan of needles? Injectables aren’t the only way to dissolve fine lines and wrinkles. ThermiSmooth® Face is another option with no downtime required.
Here’s how it works. A skilled esthetician or service provider uses radiofrequency energy and a temperature-controlled handpiece to heat targeted tissue beneath your skin. The treatment, which is often described as a warm massage, helps smooth away signs of aging like saggy eyelids and thick lines.
Areas you can treat include:
6. Eat More Of These Beauty-Boosting Snacks & Drinks
Instead of cutting more out of your diet, how about adding some healthy snacks to improve your health and your appearance? What you eat plays a key role in your skin health. Eating foods rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants can boost your skin hydration and rejuvenation.
- Fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, and herring: These fish are high in omega-3 fatty acids, which prevent dry skin and skin redness. It’s also proven to maintain the strength and integrity of your skin.
- Brussel sprouts: They might not be the tastiest vegetables, but Brussel sprouts are high in vitamin C, a necessary component for collagen production. They’re also high in antioxidants.
- Blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries: Berries are rich in antioxidants, which protect your skin from free radical damage.
- Kale: This leafy green is an excellent source of vitamin A, a natural antioxidant that promotes skin turnover. Vitamin A is also an ingredient in Retin-A, an acne medication. For this reason, consuming kale on a regular basis may reduce acne breakouts.
- Green tea: Not only does fresh green tea make a great toner, but it’s also a great skin-boosting drink. High in antioxidants, Vitamin K, and anti-inflammatory properties, green tea is known to reduce redness and puffy eyes.
It's Never Too Late To Transform Your Health
Changing your lifestyle can be daunting. It’s hard to give up on old habits, especially if you feel like you have to do it all on your own.
We’re here to help. Whether you want to improve your diet, find an exercise program that will work for you, or feel more confident in your skin, our team will be with you every step of the process.