Fall is all about indulgence. From pumpkin spice lattes to homemade pecan pie, there are dozens of ways to enjoy the savory spices of the season.
This is the season of pampering your taste buds, but what about your skin?
Weather changes are proven to not only exasperate existing skin conditions like eczema and flakes, but they can also cause new skin problems to develop. Your skin might hold in moisture well during the summer, but in cooler weather, it may dry up and crack—or vice versa.
So how can you help your skin transition to the cooler temperatures of autumn? These are four of the best spa treatments for soft, clear, healthy skin.
It should come as no surprise that HydraFacial made this list. HydraFacials are a well-known solution for dry, dull, or uneven skin.
According to a recent study, physicians believe dehydration is the most important contributor to unhealthy skin. Dry skin, a common side effect of changes in the weather, can lead to flaky spots, redness, and itching. It also gives skin a dull appearance.
HydraFacial’s hydradermabrasion technique (a combination of cleansing, exfoliating, and hydrating) keeps your skin soft and glowing. The treatment takes only 30 minutes. Results, including smaller pores, less noticeable wrinkles, and a clearer complexion, typically last several weeks.
If you aren’t sure how healthy your skin really is, HydraFacial’s free Skin Health Assessment is a quick and easy test you can take to find out instantly. The test considers everything from your skincare routine to your diet and stress levels.
2. Vampire Facial
Vampire facials and October were made for each other—in more ways than one. If you have spent time out in the sun, and your skincare products don’t seem to be making any difference in the quality of your skin, you may need a more intensive treatment to revive your skin’s collagen production. Vampire facials are one of the most effective and long-lasting ways to do this.
Your vampire facial will start with a blood draw. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) will then be extracted from your blood. Your esthetician or physician will exfoliate your skin using either microneedling or microdermabrasion. Then, they will apply the naturally produced platelets to your skin.
All of this causes a trick-and-treat reaction you can enjoy before Halloween even begins. Your body is tricked into thinking it is injured, so it produces more collagen—the protein responsible for skin elasticity and healing. The collagen treats you with numerous skin benefits, including:
- A reduction in the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Smoother, more even skin texture
- Softer skin and greater protection against the elements
- Smaller pores, dark spots, and acne scars
- And an improvement in the effectiveness of your skincare products
Depending on your pain tolerance, the treatment can be a bit uncomfortable. Speak to your practitioner beforehand to determine whether the treatment may be right for you. If blood is handled incorrectly, it can increase your risk of certain diseases. As a result, you should never get a vampire facial from someone who isn’t licensed to work with PRP.
3. Chemical Peels
Peels might not be your facial of choice, but they are an excellent option for anyone wanting to bring new life to dull, tired skin. And there’s no better time to schedule a chemical peel than during autumn.
Peels exfoliate your skin, greatly reducing the appearance of acne scars and dark spots. There are three different types of chemical peels you can choose from:
- Superficial: With this peel, your licensed esthetician or physician will apply a gentle chemical like alpha-hydroxy acid to your skin. This treatment gently exfoliates away the very top layer of your skin, improving the appearance of mild discoloration or scarring. Many people choose this peel to bring new life to their face, necks, hands, or chest.
- Medium: If you have wrinkles or more noticeable dark spots, you’ll likely need a stronger peel to make a deeper impact. Medium-depth treatments apply a stronger acid like Glycolic or trichloroacetic acid to penetrate the medium layers of your skin. This addresses problems such as fine lines, wrinkles, freckles, scarring, rough skin, and even pre-cancerous skin growth.
- Deep: Gentle won’t cut it if you want significant results. With a deep chemical peel, trichloroacetic acid or phenol is applied to your skin. The stronger chemicals deeply penetrate the middle layer of skin, removing damaged skin cells. This treatment is recommended only for patients with moderate lines, age spots, freckles, and shallow scars. You’ll see a dramatic improvement in your appearance.
The “peel” part of a chemical peel can be seen within 48 hours of your treatment, when skin reddens and flakes off. Depending on the type of peel you choose, your recovery time will be anywhere between one week to 21 days.
This is what makes October or early November the perfect months for a chemical peel: You’ll have plenty of time to recover before the holidays roll around.
4. Intense Pulse Light
Looking for a spot treatment instead of an all-over facial or peel? An intense pulse light could be perfect for you.
Intense pulse light (IPS) is similar to a laser treatment, but instead of using one wavelength, IPS releases light in multiple wavelengths. This allows it to penetrate deeper into your skin—without damaging the top layer of skin.
Like traditional laser treatments, IPS removes hair on your underarms, face, neck, back, chest, legs, or bikini line. However, it also provides targeted treatment of:
- Age spots, freckles, or birthmarks
- Varicose veins
- Broken blood vessels
- And rosacea
The recovery time is only a couple of days, so you’ll be back to yourself in no time. Before your IPS treatment, you should avoid any other spa treatments, exposure to sunlight, ibuprofen and aspirin, and skincare products including retinol creams.
Give Your Skin Some Love This Fall With Spa Treatments At The Resurge Clinic
You invest a lot in your overall health. Why not invest in the health of your skin as well? HydraFacials, vampire facials, chemical peels, and IPS are all excellent options you can try this fall to recover from the damaging summer rays and look your best before the holidays arrive.
Whether you’re fair-skinned or dark-skinned, prone to breakouts or flaking, The Resurge Clinic has the perfect treatment for you. In your free consultation, we’ll conduct a custom skincare analysis to determine your biggest areas of frustration. Then, we’ll create a personalized plan to help you get the skin of your dreams.
Ready to get started? Download our skincare menu and see what treatments could be right for you! Or, schedule a consultation and let our team of medical experts do the hard work for you.