Everywhere you look on the internet, there’s a workout or diet for everything:
Get toned arms in just 5 minutes a day!
Burn your gut fat with this revolutionary diet!
Sculpt your legs with this one simple exercise!
But forget about killer abs, finely-tuned arms, and lean, elegant legs––you just want to get rid of your annoying, embarrassing, and unbelievably stubborn double chin.
The problem is, there are no targeted exercises to get rid of submental fullness (the medical term for excess neck fat). And no matter how much you diet and exercise, you just can’t seem to shake it. You’re ready to throw in the towel (and a bunch of money) to get a liposuction or neck lift. Anything to finally regain the smooth neck and jawline you see in your old pictures.
Fortunately, you don’t have to get surgery to tighten up the loose skin under your neck. Two noninvasive, proven treatments can give you the same results without going under the knife.
In this article, we’ll break down the process, side effects, and benefits of your two best options: ThermiSmooth radiofrequency treatment and Kybella injections.
ThermiSmooth vs. Kybella
ThermiSmooth and Kybella are popular treatment options used to tone up the area underneath your chin and around your neck. Both have no downtime and few to no side effects. Plus, they’re noninvasive and won’t leave any scars or marks.
So what’s the difference between these two treatments?
- Kybella requires an injection. ThermiSmooth does not.
- Kybella requires numbing of your neck. ThermiSmooth does not.
- Kybella keeps cells from storing fat. ThermiSmooth promotes collagen production.
- Kybella’s results are permanent. ThermiSmooth’s results last 9-12 months.
- Kybella works by adding a naturally-occurring molecule into your body. ThermiSmooth works by using radiofrequency energy to create muscle contractions.
- Kybella takes 15-20 minutes per treatment. ThermiSmooth takes 30 minutes per treatment.
For both Kybella and ThermiSmooth, you can see results almost immediately. Now, let’s breakdown the details of each treatment. Let’s start with ThermiSmooth...
Boost Your Collagen Production with ThermiSmooth
The newest double chin treatment, Kybella was FDA-approved in 2015 and has since become one of the most popular nonsurgical alternatives to liposuction.
The active ingredient in Kybella is synthetic deoxycholic acid, a naturally-occurring molecule that helps breakdown fat. It’s a copy of a salt found in our body, and it dissolves the membranes lining our fat cells, which causes them to spill their contents, eventually disappearing altogether.
Simply put, Kybella destroys fat cells, resulting in a significant reduction of your double chin (or submental neck fullness, as it’s known in the medical community). The beauty of this treatment is once you destroy these cells once, they can no longer store or accumulate fat, so you won’t need any further treatment.
The procedure looks like this:
- First, be sure to wash your face the day of treatment to reduce the likelihood of infection.
- Your provider will mark the injection sites on your neck and chin with a marker and administer a topical numbing agent or ice pack to ease any pain or discomfort.
- After all of your desired areas have been marked, your provider will make somewhere between 20 and 30 injections under your chin. The exact number of injections will depend largely on what exact profile you want.
- Once injected, Kybella works its way to gradually kill the fat cells, which will then be metabolized by your body over the course of the following weeks. It’s worth noting once again that deoxycholic acid completely destroys those cells’ ability to store fat, so the results are permanent.
The number of treatments required will vary depending on your desired results, but in most cases you can get results in 2-4, 20-minute treatments. No matter how many treatments you get, be sure to space each one at least one month apart. And you should not receive more than 6 total treatments.
When it comes to side effects, you will likely experience some swelling, burising, or numbness under your chin. These side effects are rarely painful and usually subside in one to two weeks.
Though it is a safe treatment and there are no incisions required, you will want to take into consideration some of the following situations and conditions before you get treatment, as they can interfere with Kybella:
- You have previously had surgery or other cosmetic treatments on your neck, face, or chin.
- A history of difficulty swallowing.
- Bleeding problems.
- You are pregnant or plan to become pregnant.
- You are breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed.
- Taking blood thinners.
Kybella has a patient satisfaction rating of 80 percent, so you can feel confident knowing you’ll love your results.
ThermiSmooth Or Kybella: Which One Is Right for You?
As you can tell, the best choice for you––ThermiSmooth or Kybella––will depend on your unique needs, whether you want injections or radiofrequency (RF) treatments, and how long-lasting you want the results to be.
No matter what treatment option you choose, we can help. At The Resurge Clinic, we know how frustrating neck fat can be. We also know how scary it is to go under the knife.
We offer both ThermiSmooth and Kybella neck firming treatments to help you love the way you look all year long. Schedule a free consultation today and we’ll get you that smooth, youthful neck you’ve always dreamed of.